Saturday, 23 June 2007

My 1st Cruise on 13th May

Celest's temporary bed


A computer whizkid? Gosh,granny will surely nag at me and daddy once she see this.

At Wang Talang,Phuket


Finally, it is the Sunday that we all have been looking forward to, especially me! I defintely need a break after looking after Celest for so long. Our trip was a Penang/Phuket cruise. Unfortunately, Celest came down with a high fever of 39.9 celsius on thursday, 3 days before setting off. One moment, Celest was sleeping soundly in her sarong and before anyone knew anything, her temperature was running high.
I was very worried and I called Auntie Celeste who recommended me to her PD's clinic which was still open. Dr Lim diagnosed Celest to be down with lung infection and I need to bring Celest to see Dr Lim for review on Saturday, the day before our cruise, to see whether Celest could travel. I was praying very hard for Celest's fever to subside.
On D-day, Dr Lim said it's up to daddy and me to decide whether to bring Celest along for the trip which we decided to take the risk.... Unfortunately, Celest caught a bad cold and cough on the 1st 2 days of the cruise. Celest was seen by the doctor onboard the ship and she seems better after taking the medication and a good nite sleep.

We stayed in a cabin, with a window, that allowed us to view the surroundings when the ship was moving. It was nice and i hope to stay in a room with balcony on my next cruise trip. Most of our meals were taken at a Chinese restaurant called "Pavilion" but I personally don't find their buffet spread fantastic. They had baby jar food on board as well but Celest's appetite wasn't that good so she had plain porridge, coupled with some fish meat or tofu, depending on the menu for that day.
We opted for a shopping tour in Penang and it was the SALE season then!!! Baby clothes were so going at a cheap price but we did not have enough time to finish shopping in AEON. Phuket- I last came here for my honeymoon cruise in December 2004 before the Tsunami tragedy. Places have changed and some ruins, caused by the disaster, were present. Well, rebuilding was still going on. Just to reminisce abit....



Guess I was very lucky to see a 'double' rainbow.Look closely....


Phuket before.....

No comments: