Friday, 16 May 2008

Changi Beach Club

Today, we went to CBC to have fun and this is also the first time that I brought Celest to a beach environment. I met up with Naomi at Raffles Place to hitch a ride from her and I was pretty excited about the day's outing. Lyn, Dal, Pauline will be meeting us there.

The place is very beautiful and quiet. It is near to the place where we had our chalet outing with Ester. Celest and Shannon held hands when they were walking together. It was a very rare sight as Celest usually don't like to hold hands.

We went straight to the sandy beach side and start our preparations, such as applying sun block lotion etc. Haha. Luckily, Pauline brought the sunblock lotion as I didn't bring any along. Naomi's girl, Shannon, was relaxed and enjoyed herself with the sands. Celest and Kelly were the 'dainty' ones.

Celest couldn't even move in the sand and needed me to carry her. She would remain rooted at one spot and shouted for me. It took a while before the two girls got used to the environment. Lyn and Dal soon came and joined us at the beach. Celest was afraid of sitting down on the wet sands and squatted instead during her play. This mummy can't stand seeing her tiring legs that I found an 'opportunity' to push her to sit on the sand. Since then, she remained seated. Haha. Think I really need to bring her out to these kind of sandy places more often.


Our next stop was the swimming pool. As usual, It took me some time to coax Celest into play and to get her out of the play. I had to 'pluck' her away from the beach and emphasising to her that we are going to the swimming pool before she 'guai guai' followed me. Mummy didn't have any maternity swimwear so I wasn't really able to be by her side always.

I am very grateful to Pauline and Naomi for helping me look after her especially during the slide playtime. It was a very hot afternoon and I was sooooo tempted to go into the water. Arrghh! By lunch time, everybody was tired and hungry. We got the kids out of the pool and started to wash up.


Lunch was at the Chinese restaurant which is spacious, with a nice view, and the food was yummy too. Pauline had prepared the kid's porridge and Celest was happily tucking in. I managed to keep her on her high-chair for a long time. Haha. Of course with the help of food lah to keep her down. She ate so much during lunch that I was worried that her stomach will burst.

After lunch, we retired to the room for rest and also to get the tots to nap. Celest was the 1st to nap as it was way past her usual nap time at childcare centre. Next, I was 'Teacher Angeline' to get Shannon and Kelly to sleep. Now left the two boys Aloysius and Jezoir who remained awake. The mums then sat down for a chitchat while relaxing in the comfort of the aircon room.


We left the place at around 6pm+ after all the kids woke up. It was a very long day for them and not to mention me too. At night while putting Celest to bed, I had never felt so tired and sleepy before for a long time. Think the baby was telling me to rest already....

No comments: