Monday, 26 May 2008

Celest Is 2 Today!

Cake From Bengawan Solo. Chocolate Sponge With Fresh Cream.


Us!



Celest's Pre-nursery level classmates. The little girl beside her on her right is Zoe. From time to time, Celest will mention her name, Alden & Yin Kai's.

Looking Blur & Sleepy....

2 years ago, a little girl called Celest was born and she is now celebrating her 2nd birthday today. We decided to have a small party for her at her childcare centre. When I first opened my eyes and looked out to the sky, the weather was overcast and gloomy. Is this a bad sign? Well, we prepared Celest for her childcare session as usual and sent her to the centre together.
Miss Chng was standing at the entrance and wished Celest "Happy Birthday"! 'm not sure whether Celest knew the meaning of "Happy Birthday". Guess we got to wait till she see the cake before she knows what is happening later.
Daddy and me went for breakfast before heading home for a rest. I was pretty excited. The plan was to go to Hougang for my lunch. I was also going to pick up the other small cake that is meant for tonight's dinner celebration with family members.

We were both sleeping when my handphone rang. It was Miss Chng on the other line and I was kind of weary. It was not good to receive phone calls from the childcare centre at that time. Miss Chng told me that Celest was running a fever at 38.6 and asked me to bring down her fever medicine as the centre had ran out of medication. I was like hmm in shock?
It was just after lunch and it was going to be their nap time soon. The teacher said that they just discovered her fever as they were preparing her for bed. All my plans went down the drain and I went to the centre right away while daddy had to pick up the cake insetad. I was like 'Of all day, why must it be on her birthday?'
Celest was asleep when I reached the centre. The teacher woke her up and I fed her the medicine. They told me that as part of their fever management, they bathed Celest again. Celest was still hot to the touch. I was in a dilemma over whether to continue the party as the cake had already been sent to the school. One teacher suggested to keep the cake for next day while I ponder over that. I felt it was abit 'stupid' to do it the next day as her birthday would have been over and nobody celebrate a belated birthday. Moreover, Celest may not be going to school for the next few days due to the fever. It was just slightly over one hour before the teatime and I decided to go ahead with the cake cutting.

Once Celest was roused from her nap, she was quite awake and didn't really sleep. Not to mention when she saw me around, she wouldn't let go of me. I told her to go to bed so that she can get better and cut the cake. She heard the word 'cake' & said 'Cake, Eat, Yum yum.' The teachers were laughing when they heard that. Haha.
Just at this moment, Celest poo and the teachers brought her away to change her diaper. I took the chance to leave so that I could take my lunch. I tried out the muslim cafe's hor fun and it was quite nice. Close to the teatime, I returned to the centre and Miss Chng told me that Celest just slept not long ago.
We set up the place and woke Celest up when everything was done. The teachers asked me if I am going to change Celest to her birthday suit. I was like har? I didn't even thought of that. Haha. Will keep it in mind for her 3rd birthday! It was a mistake to wake Celest late. She was still in a daze when we sang the birthday song and she was in no mood to pose for pictures when told. It was only almost after the whole party when she was back to her old chirpy self again and her fever was almost gone. We left for home after the birthday celebration.
We had our dinner at Quality Hotel, along Balestier Road, which is a Taiwanese porridge buffet. Well, things weren't exactly smooth and there was slight uneasiness. The cake wasn't brought to the hotel also. Daddy suggested to have the cake for dessert when we go back for dinner at my in-law's place tomorrow.
After dinner, I brought Celest to see my GP at Bedok. The doctor said that the fever was due to an infection in her lungs, most probably phlegm that was there for a long time. Initially, daddy wanted to bring Celest to see the doctor on Wed as he felt that it was inauspicious to see a doctor on one's birthday but well, think we can't wait now.

Greedy Pig Eating....Yum Yum!

No comments: