Wednesday, 5 September 2007

Are These Call 'Terrible Two'?

Lately, Celest has been getting on my nerve as she discovered the joy of going into the kitchen and ransacking every cupboards that she could reach. To make things worse, there are fragile items placed in the cupboards and she had accidentally broke 2 items. I tasked daddy to put those locks in place soon. Safety gates? Hmm...

As daddy is a thrifty person, I worried that it will be another white elephant and daddy will be saying: "See, told you not to buy liao. Now it is just sitting there to waste like the Bumper Mat."

Beside the cupboards, Celest also explored the trash bin by lifting the bin lit and rummaging through the "treasures" (commonly known as rubbish). This really makes me mad as she has the habit of putting her fingers into her mouth. The canned foods are kept in the bottom drawer and guess what? She went to lick those cans... *faint*

A few days later, Celest developed another hobby that is playing with the toilet bowl. * Faint* Those I have mentioned earlier are only related to the kitchen area so more to come....

Living Room? I have put in place quite a number of preventive measures which Celest found it difficult to penetrate.. Oh well, she would just mess up the place by throwing the books and toys around, playing with electric switches, pressing buttons of remote controls, throw my CDs around, knocking toys against the GLASS coffee table, pulling the leaves of daddy's fengshui plants and the list goes on.. Ha ha.Is this worse than what she did in the the kitchen area? I don't think so...

I wish that she could behave like other kids who are glued to the TV for some time so that I can do my own stuff. I bought alot of CDs for her to sing but sad to say,only the CD that I bought from Carrefour, containing nursery songs, managed to capture her attention the most. The other CDs can only attract her attention for about 10 minutes, the most.

Whenever she see me using the computer, she would ask me to carry her. She would then handle the keyboard and mouse and be facinated by her actions through the monitor... Well, if I refused to carry me, she would play with the computer switches and switch off the computer's power supply...Arrghhh... now that she's taller, she can reached for the 'restart' button on the CPU instead of switching the power supply off. I'm worried that she will get electrocuted one day if she continue to play with switches..

How i wish I can have one empty room, with cushioned floor, as her play room. But again, I don't think she will stay quietly in one room. Hernext favourite place is the master bedroom and our side tables are her target. Our personal things will be messed up and thrown all over the place by her.

I remembered once that she accidentally turned on the air con for 2 bedrooms and I was wondering why the rooms were cooling. I always remind daddy to wear his wedding ring as Celest like to search for daddy's ring placed at the side table and play with it. I told daddy that it is dangerous for her to play with his ring and if he wants his ring the next time round, to search for it in her tummy.

Seems like I am under tremendous pressure as I cannot remember a day where I did not yell at her.

No comments: