Wednesday, 26 September 2007

Mid Autumn Festival 2007

' Wei Wei'




Daddy & Mummy

Today is Lunar August 15, mooncake festival. Didn't really feel any excitement as it's just like any normal weekend. We went to Takashimaya to grab some last-minute mooncake deal and bought a 2pc box of 4-yolk baked at $22 only and it's BUY 1 GET 1 FREE!!!
Some vendors didn't offer much discount though. Grandma bought a box of 9pcs mini crispy yam type with yolk at only $25. Well, if not for granny's intelligence about these discounts, I wouldn't have came down and bought for my own consumption. Heehee

We had our dinner at Holiday Inn Atrium - Melting Pot Cafe. It was a BBQ Buffet. The spread wise was ok only, abit disappointing though. Preferred the one at Plaza Hotel at Kitchener Road. Celest, as usual, was distracted by our food spread and refused to eat her plain porridge. She liked the potato though. Celest was facing the glass lift and when a lift passed by her view, she would go ' Wah' loudly. After dinner, we brought her for a lift ride. Luckily, we can access the highest floor 27th without the need to use the key card. I saw 2 JAL cockpit crew at the lobby area. Think they are reporting for flight soon. How I miss the good old days again.... sigh........

After sometime, Celest was restless in her high-chair and wanted to go for walk. She went around to mingle with other patrons. When we reached home, we brought Celest downstairs for a mini lantern parade with Uncle Simon, Auntie Patsy and Xuan Ye. Guess I was the only one who enjoying the atmosphere as I carried the lantern most of the time. Celest wasn't interested in lanterns as she was busy running about...
Met a couple was walking a big dog. Didn't know what is the breed though. He he. Celest was excited and she ran towards the dog. *Faint* I chased after her for fear that she would put her hands into the dog's mouth. Phew! Looks like Celest isn't afraid of dogs as she kept touching the dog and hitting it. Lucky it is a mild tame dog.

Also met a little girl carrying lantern as well. She look small & petite but she's older than Celest. She was born at the end of April and she can converse quite well. Her mum said that she can say 2/3 syllabus words now. How I envy that. While I was patting Celest to sleep, I told her that I will be very happy if she can speak soon.

Miracle do happen. Ha ha. I was telling her to call me 'Ma Ma' which she did it very distinctly. I asked her to repeat again which she obliged. But after that, she went back to her usual ' Mama Mum Mum Mama Mum Mum blabbering again. Never mind... I will try again when she wake up tomorrow. Hope she can still remember it and miracles will happen again...

Celest's 1st lantern. Bought in 2006 when she was about 4mths old.
Got this at Vivo City during the lantern parade 2007
Bought by grandparents this year 2007
Gift from Uncle Simon's Mom

No comments: