Friday, 6 June 2008

Barney Show!

@ Republic Foodcourt

Today is a long day especially for me. In the morning, we went to White Sand BK for breakfast before heading down to the Expo for the Motherhood Fair. There were a couple of things that I wanted to buy there.

Celest was very naughty today by throwing tantrums and cried alot. She kept wandering off, refused to listen to us, etc. I lost my cool and hit her a few times today. Each time she saw the things that she like, she will be glued strongly to it. I needed to spend a long time before I could pull her away. Hopefully Patsy won't be shocked at the 'strength' that I used to hit her. Sometimes, I just can't stand it if i don't beat her as i am very very angry.

We went to Tampines Mall for lunch. Again, Celest threw her temper there. Well, I guess she must be very tired already. She slept on the way home and I got to call Daddy to come down to help me to carry my stuffs while I carried Celest. She managed to sleep through for about 2hrs 30mins till about 6pm when she woke up.


Cosy @ Stage Area....




Dinner was at the Republic Food Court and I ordered chicken rice for Celest. She loved the rice very much like a 'fan tong' and kept asking for more. After dinner, I bumped into MTDT who was waiting for Zavier to arrive.

While going up the escalator to level 6, Celest saw the Barney poster ad and ran towards it excitedly screaming 'Barney' along the way. I wonder what is so nice about a purple coloured dinosaur? There were stalls selling souvenir and I bought a $10 'torchlight' for her.

Our seats were at block 104, row B1/2/3. Celeste was just seated at the next block beside us while MTDT was seated at our row a few seats away. I even bumped into an ex-colleague at Conrad who was just seated next to Gillian. I think we have not met each for at least6/7 years already and she's now like me, a full-time housewife looking after her son.



The show started promptly after we were seated. I carried Celest for some times before letting her to go to the ground and join the other kids who were dancing there. Her eyes were pretty much on the Barney throughout the show. I asked where is Barney and she pointed it to me. Haha.

This is definitely much better than the Disney On Ice that we went earlier. It was more interactive and the kids were engaged. One thing I don't like is the 'set up' as alot of kids/adults etc came to the front and sat down. There were no blockage set up for each category and those in Cat 2/3/4 behind could come down to the front stage here. It's just don't feel good as we were not getting what we were paying for.

All were able to come down to the stage there with the kids and sat down on the floor. Don't feel that 'prestige'. The staff tried their best to get the adults out, letting the kids stay behind at the front but you know lah, some KS people will keep trying their luck. Haha. Maybe i am just being petty. Celest enjoyed herself very much. She was running/walking about and even dancing to the beat.

The show ended with the trademark tune 'I love you, you love me, we are 1 big family........' While we were walking out, the background music was 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' and Celest was singing to the tunes.


Finale...

Today is also our ROM anniversary and we went out for a short coffee session since we couldn't have dinner together. We went home to bathe and change Celest into her sleeping outfit before going out again.

It was abit tough to think of a place which is opened till wee hours on impromptu. We went to the Kovan HK cafe but there was a long queue. Daddy suggested going to Serangoon Garden to see if there is any 24-hrs cafe. We went to the Coffee Bean and it was only after we placed our orders then we realised that they would be closing in 3omins at 12midnight. Arrghhh...

My mouth was itching for some supper and we "da-bao" carrot cake from Chomp Chomp Hawker Centre. Last time, I always wanted to go Chomp Chomp for food but now I feel that there isn't much variety there. Most stalls were similar in the food they are selling and the place is rather crampy. I still feel ECP Lagoon is a better choice.

Celest was asleep in the car while on our way back and she was roused a little when we carried her up to her bed. What a long day!

No comments: