Sunday, 28 September 2008

Carine's Full Month Party


Doesn't It Look Familiar?

Yesterday was Carine's Full Month Party. It was a pretty long day and we had lots of guests. Imagine we catered a buffet for 95 people! The night before I told Celest about the party that we will be having and there will be many people. I asked her to be a good girl and be on her best behaviour. I was much excited about it and had slight diffculty in falling asleep. Come morning, I went for my haircut. It certainly feels good to have someone to wash my hair clean when all I did for the past 1 month was to use the herbal water to wash only. Felt refreshed & 'younger' with the new look, even hubby commented that I look good with it at night. Keke.


Celest & Her Many Faces...


Soon, the boxes of cakes from Melrose arrived and the Getel cheesecake as well. Was very glad that they offered to cut the cake into smaller pieces as during Celest's time, we had abit of hardtime cutting it nicely. The people from Le Xin arrived at 12pm to set up the buffet table. It was getting busy and I didn't really have time to eat the lunch that CL cooked. I was also too excited to eat..Hehe. I dressed up Celest and tied up her hair. She behaved well that day and the dress she wore made her look very cute & demure.
Guests soon started to come in and things got underway. It was great catching up with friends and i got ample time to talk to everyone. Celest even got a gift also from father-in-law's colleague. Very nice of her to remember Celest who bought her a Barney bag & stationery/books. She was very happy and kept holding on the bag for her dear life.

Carine didn't have much chance to sleep as many people were looking at her. She's the Star attraction mah and was very good as well. Haiz, I forgot to take pictures of Carine on her big day, not to mention with mummy. Halfway entertaining, I found Celest not around in the house and thought one of the relatives had brought her downstairs to play. It was after sometime that I realised it's been far too long. Only when I asked around, I realised that Celest went to Gillian's house to play. She was so happy there till she did not want to come back. Gillian had to bring her over with some tricks.

The food was pretty good with the exception of the dessert and Lo Han Chye. The dessert supposed to be Cheng Teng but got too much sweet potato that it looked like a sweet potato soup instead. We over catered abit and had the relatives to take back some food home. Cleaning up was tiring man and all of us slept early.

No comments: