Thursday, 2 October 2008

CL Had Left!

The confinement lady went back today. When she was leaving, a feeling of sadness came over me and i started to miss her. Not that she's a very very good CL but that I had to handle the baby alone from now on. Actually, I thought that her work was quite OK. She told me that she won't be accepting any stay-over assignment now as she prefer daytime only. There goes my chance of getting her to help me IF i had #3.

Actually we felt that she didn't really put her whole heart into helping us as compared to last time. Maybe it's because she knew she won't do for us again? or feel shortchange as we agreed on $2300 1 year ago when i booked her? Hmm....The rates for a local CL is currently at $2800 which is really very expensive compared to a Malaysian $2000. But, due to hubby's work nature, I had no choice.

The whole day, I was there changing the diaper, feeding her milk, burping her, carrying her to make her sleep. I was so busy that I forgot to go to the toilet until late in evening! Initially, I forgot that a newborn would pee & poo very often. As a result, I didn't check and change Carine's diaper. It got red a little. Now I really think auntie is great and had lots of patience.

It was no joke to make Carine sleep. When you carry her, she would doze off but as soon as you put her onto the cot, she will fuss very soon. My backs breaking by the time i slept & I was soo tired & sleepy.

The 1st day of handling her alone was quite 'mang zang' for me. Don't know why i was abit nervous, stressed & pressured to get my housework done altogether. Think I must try to let go alittle else will burn out very soon. It was not until 11pm+ when she had down another bottle of milk then did she finally fall asleep.

No comments: