Monday, 1 October 2007

1st Visit To Bedok Library




Last friday was granny's off day so as usual, we went to visit her. On the spur of moment, brought Celest into the library to see what are the selection they have for babies at her age.
It was the 1st time i went up to the 2nd/3rd level eversince it renovated years ago. Memories flood in. I told Celest that when I was young, I, together with Jiu Jiu and Yi Yi, used to frequent the library and borrow tapes/videos to watch, staying there for the whole day. Haha. Free aircon mah. The children level is at 3rd floor. The board book selection was quite good. There were small tables/chairs & reading area for kids. Not much to worry about the safety except for 1 thing as most of the furnitures are low & their height levels.
Well, had a bad scare that day. My hands were full with the bags, books etc. Was about to pack up and leave when Celest suddenly ran off. When I saw her ran past the corner bends, which were near the staircase, I gave chase and saw her standing at the stairs area & afew steps away from the steps already. I was scared out of my wits and one uncle, who was standing near to her, carried and handed her over to me. He remarked that kids run very fast, be careful. Defintely a lesson learnt. " Never leave your eyes off the kids for 1 second"

After that, I borrowed 4 books under my account and it struck me to made Celest's very own library card. As I was having her passport with me at that time & thus was able to do it. I borrowed 4 books under her account and redeemed a bag. I tried to redeem for the CD gift bag to see if the librarian can close 1 eye. Haha. Well, I failed as she said that only those born after Sept 06 is eligible... Sigh.. hahaha...

No comments: