Saturday, 27 October 2007

Overdose!!



Haiz..This happened on Mon night after we came back from granny's house. Found a Lawyer letter on the floor. " Writ of Summon " to be exact. There was a note that says to call them back regarding the accident that happened last year august. When can we have a closure on this? We were wondering why the sudden letter from them as we thought that it should be taken care of by the insurance company NTUC Income. Daddy mentioned something of a civil suit. That got me worried as we don't know what had happened. The law firm was closed so the earliest we could know would be till the next morning.
Celest was down with flu at that time so I fed her Zrytec in the morning and Actified in the afternoon. Was to fed her Zrytec & Polaramine at night before she slept. The nurse from Dr Low's clinic reminded me that I cannot mixed Zrytec & Actified together when I called them earlier the day to ask for advice. I was not thinking properly and I fed both medicines together to Celest. I only realised it when after feeding her the medication, I was bringing her to bed for milk feed when I noticed she was unusually quiet. I was in a fluster by then.
After I took Celest to bed and fed her with milk, I tried calling the doctors. Luckily, Auntie Pauline said that I could get to Dr Lim by calling the emergency number. It was late at night around 10pm+ and I was ready to go to the KKH if I couldn't get any doctor soon. Dr Lim responded and I told him what happened. He assured me that the dosage weren't high enough based on Celest's age & weight. The side effect would only be 'tiredness & drowsiness'... He asked me to wake Celest up at 3am to check on her consciousness. Everything is fine if she respond.
I guess I was over zealous as I disturbed her twice prior to 3am. I was so happy to hear her fussing and crying when I disturbed her sleep. I went back to sleep soon after that....The next morning Celest woke up as per normal like nothing happened. Thank God for that.
Daddy called the NTUC hotline who advised him to go down tomorrow morning to pass the letter to them. As for the Lawyer letter, well that's what made me angry. The lawyer say that they issued the letter to us as NTUC was very slow in their progress & reply. They wanted to finish this case fast & so to get a fast attention, they sent it to us. We checked the net & realised that it was wrong of them to do that as it was between them & the NTUC. They shouldn't sent this kind of serious letter to us public. It was not ethical. Lucky that nothing serious happen to me, else will definitely take action. Piss....

No comments: