Friday, 23 November 2007

Forum Playground Visit 3


Happily Picking Up Balls/ Peek-A-Boo

Eugene Smile/ Bought @ Twinkle Thinkers

It has been a long time since Celest went to play at the Forum playground. Since it was daddy's off today, I decided to bring her there. But, we went with Auntie Gillian and Eugene, without daddy, after a change of plans. There were many caucasian kids when we arrived and I tried to put her into the ball pool again.

Celest struggled and rejected violently as it has been a long time that she last played. She must have forgotten of the fun that she had in her last visit. During her 2nd time there, she loved it so much that she refused to leave. What a big difference!!! She ended up going around, busy picking up those balls that were thrown out by the kids inside. I tried to put her in again a few times but were unsuccessful. Maybe she was getting timid as her surrounding awareness increases.Hmm...

She spent most of her time walking around and looking at other kids. It was school holidays and that explain the presence of so many kids there. I was worried that she would be knocked down by those boys riding the bikes as they were cycling in a fast and furious manner. We went to Macdonald's for a bite while Celest had her milk and slept there.

After she woke up, we went into "Twinkle Thinkers" for shopping. The lady introduced some 'beads thingy with metals curve' (not sure what is the actual name but it can be seen at those PD's clinic etc..) to me and Auntie Gillian. Celest was clearly facinated by the toy and she played with it for a while. Nobody realised the price till I checked. Oh gosh! The small one that Celest played costs $149 while the bigger one, which Eugene played, costs $189! The price is considered steep for some metals & beads..Haha..

At one point, Celest was pushed and 'bullied' by Eugene but neither me nor Auntie Gillian did not witness the incident. I was walking towards the two kids and I did not see exactly what happened. I noticed Celest appeared upset and her eyes were turning red. She hugged me and "buried" her face into my chest, seeking comfort. I think she was on the verge of crying but she was trying to hold back her tears.

Anyway, I didn't really like the sales assistant inside as she was persistent who kept recommending those expensive stuff to us when she knew that I was looking for some Crayola stuff, and paints. She recommended something that costs around $90 which I didn't even bother to look at it.

The sales assistant then recommended some painting books, saying it is more suitable for children at my age (those that the colours will appear once in touch with water). Sigh... Kept giving us the different titles and keeping us to buy. Relented, I bought the Crayola Fingerpaints and those bag type. Regret man. Now, there are 20% discounts at some malls.

We then went to ELC to check out their paints as mommy learnt from some mummies that the products are cheap and good but the packaging were found to be abit different. Only then we know that they changed their packaging and up their prices slightly. As usual, it's so hard to shop with Celest around as I had to look after her constantly before she wanders off.

That was once when I realised that she was not at a certain place. I went around looking for her and found her at a corner where there was an electric piano on display. She was fidgeting with it and she appeared perturbed that the piana was silent when she hit on the keys pads. (Note: The power switch was not switched on).. She seems to like the piano very much as she expressed her unhappiness when I pulled her away.

I bought a bubble blower but it was not the type that daddy wanted. Daddy wanted the type whereby he just need to press a switch and bubbles will be blown out. The type, which I bought, had to be dipped first before bubbles can be blown out. Not much difference to what we are having now except that they need not blow out the bubbles manually.

After buying the bubble blower, we were ready to go home and as usual, she was cranky since she was hungry and tired. Auntie Gillian and myself initially planned to walk along Orchard Road to enjoy the christmas light decoration but too bad... I was tired after handling her for only those few hours.

No comments: