Saturday, 3 November 2007

Zoo Zoo Zoo!


@ the water play.

Getting cranky..

Finally managed to get the 3 of us to sit down & take a shot
1st time on swing.

Last Friday, brought Celest to the zoo by taking public bus and worried that I cannot handle her crankiness as daddy was not around. We left home at around 7.20 am as we were supposed to meet at Zoo at 9.00 am. I think Celest overheard about the zoo trip the night before, excitment got over her and she woke up earlier than usual. Due to time constraint, I just changed her clothes and diaper without bathing.
We boarded SBS bus, Service No: 980, at 7.50 am and I started to worry that we will be late, given the long journey ahead. Surprise, surprise! We arrived at zoo at around 8.35 am, after changing to another SBS bus, service no: 138, along Upper Thomson Road at 7.20am. Darn! I could have slept for another 30 mins. Oh Well...
YN came shortly after us and I tried to pat Celest to sleep for a while but she was too excited to sleep. While on our way to the zoo, the sky drizzled a little but the sun came out when the rest of the group arrived - Amy, Lyn, Dal.
The mommies decided that "Children's World" would be our end destination and there we went, making our way there. Along the way, we watched polar bears were fed and resting by the shelter at the lion area. We saw many animals, such as monkeys, gibbons, otters, flamingos, polar bears, white rhinos, zebras, and giraffes (just to name a few) at the zoo. Celest always shouted 'OH OH' (imitating dog braking sound) to the animals I saw. Haha. Celest could only make out the sound for dog barking and cat meowing.
We finally reached KFC and I tried to feed her with milk but failed. Sigh.. She then saw those waterplay outside the restaurant and wanted to go there. I placed her in the swing which she enjoyed herself very much. It was her 1st swing but it was not long after that she saw the waterplay again. I carried her away to a quiet corner in a bid to make her sleep but she struggled hard.
I gave up and brought her back to the waterplay to join the rest. She had fun playing with water and leaves. She seems to be wary of water as she stayed still by the waterside and did not venture into the middle for safety sake.. I had difficulties in bringing her as she was angry and throwing tantrum then. She appeared tired but she insisted in playing. When making our way out of the zoo, she fell asleep in my arms. Haiz. This is my greatest fear when bringing her out on my own, her crankiness! The whole trip ended with a bookmark souvenior.
We went to rest briefly at Lyn's house and Celest got to taste Aloysius's yummy lunch. We then went home, by taking the mrt, to rest and wait for daddy. It was a very tiring day but I am planning to bring her for another zoo trip and hopefully with daddy next time.

No comments: